Summers at alex area arts belong to the young!
Summers mean it's time to get your theatre on! There are two unique opporutnities for youth education at the Alexandria Area Arts each summer, our Theatre for Young Actor camps and the Student Theatre Projects! PLEASE READ ALL REGISTRATION INFORMATION BEFORE YOU REGISTER.
ENERGIZE YOUR SUMMER AT THE STUDENT THEATRE PROJECTS (Age 10-18)
Kids and teens spark their theatrical imagination through this summer theatre camp. This educational program takes students through the production process, from audition to curtain call. The program culminates with a full public performance onstage at the AAAA.
All students registered for the Student Theatre Projects are automatically cast as performers in the show. Students take part in auditions to learn about the process, and to get placed in a specific role in the play. This unique experience allows students of all skill levels to learn dance, singing and acting skills while creating a tangible full-length production. Join with a diverse group of theatre-loving kids and teens in this multi-week theatre adventure!
The 2017 Student Theatre Project will be "Mulan Jr." Registration is open until the projects are full (projects will take 50 students). To ensure a well balanced cast (age wise), limits may be placed on certain age groups throughout the registration process (for example, we can't have all 50 students be ages 10-12).
There may be additional opportunities for a master class with professional actors at Theatre L'Homme Dieu (for an additional cost), as well as an opportunity to see a show at TLD and meet the cast. We are currently working on this opportunity with our good friends at Theatre L'Homme Dieu. We will let students know these opportunities as they come up.
To Register: Visit the AAAA at 618 Broadway or call 320-762-8300
Register Online by Clicking HERE
or call 320-762-8300.
Project Registration Information:
- Registration opens May 1, 2016 at 11:00pm.
- Registration is open until both projects are full.
- Once full, a waiting list will be maintained for interested students.
- Registration is $125.
- There may be an additional opportunity for a master class at Theatre L'Homme Dieu. You can sign up when you register for STP, or closer towards the master class date.
- We prefer registration in person - a parent signature is required on the waiver, but registration will be available online or over the phone. Parents that use online or phone registration will be required to sign the waiver prior to the first date of camp.
- Participants must be 10 years of age by June 27. There are no exceptions to this rule in 2017.
- To help ensure a wide range of ages involved, limits may be placed on certain age ranges during the registration process, at the discretion of the production staff. (This production requires all ages in the age range, so for example, we can not take 50 10-12 year olds, etc. A waiting list by age group will also be maintained).
- The Registration package includes a registration form, medical issues and emergency contact, conflict dates, medical conditions and prohibited activities, as well as a parent information sheet that contains the schedule, conduct guidelines (including conduct on cell phones), our waiver and any information on the Theatre L'Homme Dieu master class opportunities. Please review the whole registration package prior to registration.
Project Details: Mulan, Jr.
- Camp: June 26-June 30, 2017
- Registration: $125/student
- Camp Limit: 50 students
- Please note: To help ensure a wide range of ages involved, limits may be placed on certain age ranges during the registration process, at the discretion of the production staff.
- Auditions will be part of the camp on July 1.
- Rehearsals: July 5 - August 3
- Performances: August 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 12. All at 7:00pm.
- Additional Potential Performances: Art in the Park, July 29 at 12 noon, TBA.
Past Student Theatre Projects include Seussical the Musical, Jr (2011), School House Rock, Jr (2012), Aladdin, Jr (2012), The Little Mermaid, Jr (2013), Beauty and the Beast, Jr (2014), Bugsy Malone, Jr (2015), High School Musical, Jr (2015), Shrek The Musical Jr (2016). Student Theatre Projects are produced with special permission from Musical Theatre International and the Disney Corporation.